US: Patrón signs Scandinavian distribution deal
The Patrón Spirits Co. has appointed Valora Trade as the distributor for its ultra-premium namesake Tequila brand in the Scandinavian travel-retail market.
The deal with Valora, a Switzerland-based firm with regional offices in Denmark and Finland, is the latest in a series of recent distributor agreements, which have extended Patrón's travel-retail reach as far as Ukraine and Thailand.
Patrón vice-president Mike Hill said the deal with Valora would allow Patrón access to the Nordic ferry and cruise sector, which continues to generate large liquor sales volumes.
"Valora have a dedicated duty-free team, and we have been impressed by their excellent understanding of brand marketing," he added.
Organic year-to-date sales of Patrón in the travel retail sector are up 50% on 2007.
A raft of recent reports looking at the US spirits market have suggested that, while times are tough in the country, they could be a whole lot worse. Chris Mercer takes a closer look at the numbers t...
January may be the time to look forward to the coming year but few in the drinks industry will be eyeing the coming year with relish. However, given the pessimistic tone of virtually every market and ...
Fortune Brands chief executive Bruce Carbonari has said he remains confident that the group's spirits arm, Beam Global Spirits & Wine, can ride out recession, despite a tumble in sales and profit....
Constellation Brands is set to target "cleaning up" its portfolio going forward....
AV Brands has appointed a vice president for its western region in the US....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has signed a new distribution deal with Southern Wine & Spirits of America....
Brown-Forman is rolling out a 100% blue agave addition to its el Jimador Tequila line in the US....
Sweden-based distributor Nigab is to handle Foster's wine brands in the Nordic duty-free and travel retail sectors....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Focus - Indonesia: Prohibition in Paradise?
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Bacardi hands global advertising to single agency
- Heineken "concerned" as Indonesia enacts beer ban
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly