US: Patrón appoints distributors for Russia, Spain
The Patrón Spirits Company has appointed distributors to represent it in the Spanish and Russian domestic markets.
The Las Vegas-based Tequila firm said today (22 April) that it has chosen Cádiz-based firm Unesdi Distribuciones S.A. for the Spanish market, and Moscow-based MBG, one of the country's top five spirits importers, for Russia.
Commenting on the Spanish deal, Patrón's vice president for Europe, Africa and the Middle East, Mike Hill, said: "Unesdi's ability to deliver to any point in Spain within 48 hours, combined with their specialisation in the on-premise channel and proven skill in servicing their customers, means that spirit drinkers can now easily discover our portfolio of Patrón tequilas and Pyrat rums."
He added that Patrón had waited before appointing a distributor in Russia, despite it being one of the world's largest Tequila markets. "We wanted to find a partner there, who shared our brand-building philosophy."
MGB has a 35% share of the on-trade in Moscow and distributes to more than 60 cities throughout Russia.
Diageo appears to be making light of the economic downturn, turning in highly respectable year-end figures late last month, but some brands performed better than others. In the second part of this spe...
It's been a tough week for global distributor Maxxium, whose future now hangs in the balance following deals to secure the departures of Pernod Ricard and Rémy Cointreau last week....
Alcoholic drinks pouches sold under the ShotPak brand are to be removed from sale in the UK because they are likely to encourage underage and excessive drinking....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine is looking to boost its presence in the US cocktail market, after signing a new partnership with UK supplier funkin....
Diageo has launched a premium silver Tequila, Jose Cuervo Platino, in the UK as the market for the Mexican spirit continues to grow....
Bacardi-Martini UK has introduced Cazadores Blanco Tequila to the UK on-trade....
Fortune Brands has completed its deal to buy Cruzan rum from Pernod Ricard, as the French wine and spirits giant officially exits the Maxxium venture....
Drinks Americas has entered into a 15 year distribution agreement with Pixel International Trade for the sale and distribution of the company's products in Israel....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Focus - Indonesia: Prohibition in Paradise?
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Bacardi hands global advertising to single agency
- Heineken "concerned" as Indonesia enacts beer ban
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review