US: Paterno signs first South African deal
Paterno Wines International has added the first South African wines to its stable after signing a US import and marketing deal with Jean Engelbrecht and top golfer Ernie Els.
The agreement means Paterno, owned by the US-based Terlato Wine Group, will handle five premium wines for the two South Africans in the US market.
Paterno president and CEO William A. Terlato said today (8 January): "Ernie and Jean are driven by an unwavering passion for innovation and quality. With vision and determination they have crafted a set of amazing red wines that capture the unique South African terroir."
The wines include labels such as Ernie Els Wines and Engelbrecht Els Vineyards. Engelbrecht, who first teamed up in 1999, claimed Paterno was the "perfect US partner for our group".
He added: "Paterno has the skill, energy and expertise to market our collection in the United States. We look forward to a long relationship with them and to bringing the best of South Africa to America."
Paterno handles over 40 brands for the US market, selling wines from the Napa Valley, as well as countries including France, Italy and Australia.
US company Paterno Wines International has changed its name....
Paterno Wines International and Cuvaison Estate Wines have renewed their marketing agreement....
Terlato Wine Group has unveiled a new chief financial officer....
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer