US: Paterno rings executive changes
Paterno Wines International has appointed a regional sales manager for its international division.
The Illinois-based wine company said yesterday (24 January) that John Van Alphen will manage sales internationally. Van Alphen was previously with Allied Domecq, where he was territory manager for Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee.
Bob Swartz, meanwhile, has been promoted to the position of vice-president of sales. Swartz joined Paterno last August, as director of the international division. Prior to joining Paterno, Swartz spent 17 years with Seagram and Allied Domecq.
"We are confident his industry experience in sales and human resources will enrich PWI as we continue to strengthen our sales organisation and further position our company for continued growth and success," Paterno said.
In addition, Jim McGuire, national accounts and chain manager, will now report directly to chief operating officer Tom Steffanci.
Paterno is the luxury wine marketing and sales organisation for the Terlato Wine Group.
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Cautious optimism is probably the best way to describe today's press reaction to Pernod's friendly bid for Allied Domecq....
Spirits firm Allied Domecq has agreed to a takeover bid from smaller rival Pernod Ricard, subject to agreement from Allied shareholders....
Allied Domecq last night accepted Pernod Ricard's offer to buy the UK-based drinks giant....
Allied Domecq today delivered a 7% increase in first half group profits before tax to £285m. Earnings per share were up 7% to 19.2p, turnover that was flat at £1,700m....
Drinks producer and distributor Todhunter International has said that its controlling shareholder, CL Financial, is interested in acquiring some of the brands of Allied Domecq that may become availabl...
Pernod Ricard has had its rating raised....
Allied Domecq has added a new flavour to its Malibu range. The company said yesterday that it would be launching Malibu Passion Fruit in the US from April 15....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends