USA: Paterno Imports Signs Marketing Agreement With Oregon's Sokol Blosser Winery
"We have great respect for Susan Sokol Blosser, whose vision and dedication has helped build the Oregon wine industry," said William A. Terlato, Paterno Imports President and COO. "We also have high esteem for the unique qualities of the wines from Oregon. In welcoming Sokol Blosser to the Paterno portfolio, we expand our representation of fine American wines to include this dynamic region with one of its leading wine producers."
"For the last twenty-five years, our family has been guided by our passion for making great wine and our respect for the environment," said Susan Sokol Blosser, co-owner Sokol Blosser Winery. "We are pleased to join a firm which shares our commitment to quality, and whose marketing and sales expertise allows us to focus on producing the best possible wine."
Located in Oregon's Willamette Valley, Sokol Blosser Winery produces primarily Pinot Noir, Evolution (a proprietary white wine), and Pinot Gris. The Winery farms 80 acres in the Red Hills of Dundee and produces approximately 22,000 cases annually.
Sokol Blosser Winery practices environmentally sustainable viniculture. It has earned the Pacific Rivers Council "Salmon Safe" certification, and participates in several environmental programs, including a new international association called LIVE -- Low Input Viticulture and Enology -- a sustainable agricultural program for vineyards culminating in certification.
Paterno Imports is an importer and marketer of premium wines in the U.S. and abroad. Representing 37 brands from seven countries, the company currently accounts for more than 25 percent of premium imported wine sold in America over $10.00 per bottle. Paterno Imports is a unit of the Terlato Wine Group (TWG), a family holding company for the Terlato family's eleven independently operated companies. TWG is vertically integrated in the premium wine industry, with operations in wine production, importing, marketing and sales and distribution. In 1999, TWG's combined case sales of wine were over 2.9 million cases.
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages