US: Paterno agrees Tour des Laurets distribution deal
Paterno Wines International has signed an agreement to distribute Rothschilds' Bordeaux brand Tour des Laurets in the US.
Paterno, the flagship company of the Terlato Wine Group, will initially import and market a limited quantity of the 2000 and 2001 vintage - which is 80% Merlot blended with 20% Cabernet Sauvignon.
Paterno Wines International president and CEO William Terlato said: "We are thrilled to welcome the Rothschild family's unparalleled tradition of excellence. Baron Benjamin de Rothschild has spared no effort or expense at Tour des Laurets, and we are pleased to add its classic Bordeaux and the legendary Rothschild name to our luxury portfolio."
Paterno Wines International has a global portfolio of more than 40 wine brands and markets more than one out of eight bottles of wine over US$14 sold in the US. The distributor described Tour des Laurets as a "classic, well-structured, full-bodied Bordeaux with soft tannins, which is fruity and spicy in its youth and grows more smoky and fleshy with time".
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research