UK: Partridge “flabbergasted” by Heineken Foster's tie-up extension
Alan Partridge, drinking Foster's, yesterday
The brewer confirmed yesterday that a second season of the online-exclusive comedy programme, featuring radio DJ Alan Partridge, will run during the summer. The move follows Foster's collaborations with comedians Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer, and the Fast Show team.
“The first series of Mid Morning Matters was a huge success, attracting over 3m hits,” said Foster's brand director, Gayle Harrison. “The series resonated exceptionally well with our target audience and we’re delighted to have secured a second series .”
Partridge added: “I’ve always been more than comfortable in my association with this warmly-regarded, mid-range lager. I am quietly flabbergasted that the good people at Foster’s think that, by associating themselves with my webcast, people will consume more of their product.
"I don’t drink it myself but I’m familiar with it and firmly believe that the 20-30 age demographic should have access to affordable lager. Going forward, I look forward to moving forward with Foster’s in an atmosphere of bland co-operation. It’s a good fit. It feels right. I like it.”
Partridge, 56, is divorced from his wife, Carol. He has two children, Fernando and Denise.
There will be a lot of relieved beers being downed in Amsterdam tonight. And, while the folk at Heineken will be keen to hedge their bar spend, they'll still want to celebrate today's news....
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research