UK: Partida enters super luxury Tequila sector
Premium Tequila brand Partida is responding to the UK's growing thirst for high-end, 100% agave Tequila by rolling out a super luxury extension to its line.
Patrida Elegante, which will be launched in February this year, comes to the UK after six months of success in the US, and will sit in the highest end of the Tequila market. With an RRP of GBP250 (US$493) and only 100 bottles allocated to the UK, it will be aimed at the country's burgeoning group of Tequila connoisseurs and collectors of luxury spirits.
It has been aged for over 36 months, which makes it the latest example of the 'Extra Añejo' Tequila category. It is presented in numbered, hand-finished bottles with crystal stoppers. Partida Elegante - along with the rest of the Partida range - is being handled in the UK by distribution company inspirit brands.
"Partida has been very happy with the success of Partida Elegante in the US, and we think it will do just as well in the UK," Stuart Ekins, sales and marketing director of Inspirit Brands, told just-drinks. "Partida Añejo sells at GBP40-GBP50 a shot in hotel bars, which means there is a market for expensive Tequilas. The fact is it's no different from a Cognac or Armagnac, but consumers who have enjoyed a fine Tequila are more likely to stick to it because it is something different. We're confident people will pay more than GBP200 for an exceptional Tequila like Partida Elegante."
The new release is the fourth member of the Partida family, which consists of Partida Blanco, Partida Reposado and Partida Añejo.
Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) may appear something of a misnomer for a company headquartered in the US and listed on the New York Stock Exchange but it is a name attracting consider...
The increasing appeal of Japanese food in many countries is fuelling international sales of sake, though the market is declining in Japan itself. The rice wine category is also benefiting from premium...
The Pocket Shot Company has entered into an alliance with spirits distributor Pocket Distribution in Europe....
The director of L & L, the French company known for its Cognac-based cocktail Alizé, has been taken into police custody this week in Bordeaux....
Two new speakers have been to the line-up for this year's US Drinks Conference in London....
Remy Cointreau USA has appointed Xavier Desaulles as senior vice president - sales strategy. In this role, he will be charged with organising Remy Cointreau USA's wholesaler network and implementing t...
The value of global French spirits exports increased by 3.3% in 2007 on the previous year totalling a little over EUR2.64bn, according to figures issued by the Fédération Française des Spiritueux (F...
Tequila producer Jose Cuervo will be the title sponsor of the 2008 Black US Air Guitar Championships, presented by TouchTunes....
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World