USA: Panamco reports first quarter results
This was in comparison to a net loss, excluding restructuring charges, of $9.6m or $0.07 per share in the first quarter of 2000.
Consolidated volume growth was 4.7% over the 2000 first quarter to 307m unit cases. Cash operating profit grew 20.1% to $122.9m and net interest expense was reduced by 19.7% as the company continued to use strong cash flows to pay down debt.
Panamco, in its commitment to reduce its net debt by 30% over two years, paid down $96.2m in the 2001 first quarter and has reduced its net debt by $223.7m since the 2000 first quarter.
In a statement, Panamco said that its strong results were driven by revenue growth in its five regions and the benefits of the company's cost savings and debt reduction initiatives.
Chairman of Panamco, William Cooling said: "We continued to benefit during the quarter from the initiatives we announced last year and volume, revenue and COP growth have been very positive. Cash flows have been strong, as all of our territories have seen improvements, we are about halfway to our total debt reduction goal. And we have only just started to introduce new products."
He continued: "Overall we believe our first quarter results place us is an excellent position to achieve our full year earnings objectives."
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts