S AFRICA: Pan-European tasting unveiled in London
Just weeks after confirming that it would not be attending Vinexpo, the world's biggest wine fair in Bordeaux, Wines of South Africa has unveiled its plans to stage a giant pan-European tasting in London later this year.
The event, held at Old Billingsgate in the East End of London, will be the biggest ever representation of South Africa producers and will be open to buyers from all over Europe.
"From a South African perspective, it'll be the biggest event in Europe," said Su Birch, Wines of South Africa's CEO.
The event is likely to be seen as a further snub to Vinexpo, with South Africa electing not to take a generic presence at the giant Bordeaux wine fair in June this year, following a disastrous 2003 Vinexpo, which saw the air conditioning in the South African section fail and temperatures soar.
As well as all of the country's main producers under one roof, there will be several themed tastings, of Platter five-star wines, Chenin Blancs by region, wines by price point and on-trade labels.
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research