US: Palandri continues preparations for US launch
The Australian wine company Palandri Wines has continued its plans to develop the US market by opening the company's North American headquarters, in Houston, Texas.
At the same time CEO Gordon Grant announced two executive appointments. Paul Heinicke was named vice president of marketing, North America, and John Castillo was named vice president of sales, USA.
In a statement the company said Heinicke and Castillo will work with representatives of recently appointed exclusive importer, Marie Brizard Wines & Spirits, USA, in preparation for the introduction of the Palandri portfolio of Western Australia wines to designated US markets in early 2003.
"The United States and Canada represent tremendous marketing opportunities for Palandri wines," said Grant. "The Australian category grew 31% overall in 2001, with 41% growth in the first seven months of 2002. Imported market share was 21.3% in the same period, up from 16.9% in 2001. Palandri will
be in a position to capitalise on market dynamics that we consider favourable to the brand."
Companies: Marie Brizard
Blavod Extreme Spirits has added Cockspur Rum to its UK distribution stable....
French wine and spirits group Belvedere has reported a 14% rise in revenues for 2005, according to local reports....
French vodka producer Belvedere has said its presence in Western Europe and the US will be strengthened after sealing an agreement to buy spirits group Marie Brizard & Roger International....
Belvedere is expected to announce its takeover of French counterpart Marie Brizard tomorrow (21 December)....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer