US: Palandri continues preparations for US launch
The Australian wine company Palandri Wines has continued its plans to develop the US market by opening the company's North American headquarters, in Houston, Texas.
At the same time CEO Gordon Grant announced two executive appointments. Paul Heinicke was named vice president of marketing, North America, and John Castillo was named vice president of sales, USA.
In a statement the company said Heinicke and Castillo will work with representatives of recently appointed exclusive importer, Marie Brizard Wines & Spirits, USA, in preparation for the introduction of the Palandri portfolio of Western Australia wines to designated US markets in early 2003.
"The United States and Canada represent tremendous marketing opportunities for Palandri wines," said Grant. "The Australian category grew 31% overall in 2001, with 41% growth in the first seven months of 2002. Imported market share was 21.3% in the same period, up from 16.9% in 2001. Palandri will
be in a position to capitalise on market dynamics that we consider favourable to the brand."
Companies: Marie Brizard et Roger International
Blavod Extreme Spirits has added Cockspur Rum to its UK distribution stable....
French wine and spirits group Belvedere has reported a 14% rise in revenues for 2005, according to local reports....
French vodka producer Belvedere has said its presence in Western Europe and the US will be strengthened after sealing an agreement to buy spirits group Marie Brizard & Roger International....
Belvedere is expected to announce its takeover of French counterpart Marie Brizard tomorrow (21 December)....
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- The just-drinks Analyst
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Beam Suntory boosts top-line in 2016 - results
- Molson Coors targets cost-savings - FY16 results
- Molson Coors hit by US$500m write-down in Canada
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends