AUSTRALIA: Palandri chases A$30m for US push
The plan offers investors units in Palandri American - a separate operating arm, which sells the company's wine in the US via an agreement with Marie Brizard - at A$21.45. The money raised will then be used to fund its expansion into the US and to plant an additional 45 hectares of vines.
In its America Wine Business prospectus today, Palandri said the US market should overtake the UK for Australian exporters of fine wine soon. Palandri director Robert Broadfield said: "The USA is the fastest growing export market for premium Western Australian wines such as Palandri, with sales up 64 per cent in 2002."
The company, based in Margaret River, plans to progressively roll out its product throughout the US via the distribution network of Marie Brizard.
Palandri, which leases unitholders vineyard plots for 18 years, has raised an estimated $A120m in previous offerings.
The company has projected that investors should recoup their original investment within a seven-to-eight-year period.
Companies: Marie Brizard
Blavod Extreme Spirits has added Cockspur Rum to its UK distribution stable....
French wine and spirits group Belvedere has reported a 14% rise in revenues for 2005, according to local reports....
French vodka producer Belvedere has said its presence in Western Europe and the US will be strengthened after sealing an agreement to buy spirits group Marie Brizard & Roger International....
Belvedere is expected to announce its takeover of French counterpart Marie Brizard tomorrow (21 December)....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)