USA: Pabst closes last brewery
Pabst Brewing Co., is to close its last brewery on Friday to concentrate on selling beer brands produced by other brewers.
A report by Dow Jones claims that Pabst will in future be a marketing company with around 200 employees.
The company informed nearly 380 workers of its intentions to close the brewery in July blaming stiff competition in an industry dominated by Anheuser-Busch, Miller Brewing Co. and Adolph Coors Co.
According to the report Miller Brewing Co., which, already produces 80% of Pabst's brands intends to take over all of Pabst brewing by increasing production by approximately 2.4m barrels.
Pabst sold 10.8m barrels of beer in 2000, compared with 99.2m barrels sold by Anheuser-Busch, 42.5m barrels by Miller and 22.9m by Adolph Coors Co.
Pabst brands include Old Milwaukee, Schlitz and Stroh's.
in North America
Companies: Molson Coors
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Anheuser-Busch may have to reinstate workers it dismissed after catching inappropriate behaviour using hidden cameras....
Anheuser-Busch is to follow the US launch of its B(E) beer by rolling out the brand in the UK....
The US brewer Anheuser-Busch said today that it had seen its earnings per share fall 3% in the first quarter of the year, compared to the same period last year as it was hit by difficult trading condi...
Patrick Stokes, president and chief executive officer of Anheuser-Busch Companies, has said that the company's board of directors has declared a regular quarterly dividend....
Berkshire Hathaway Inc., the holding company of billionaire Warren Buffett, has acquired a significant stake in Anheuser-Busch....
Anheuser-Busch has threatened to stop buying rice from Missouri if the state allows genetically modified, drug-making crops to grow within its borders....
China's largest brewer Tsingtao Brewery has reported a 16.4% jump in net profit for the year to Y285m, according to local reports....
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- AB InBev raises SAB cash offer by GBP1 per share
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends