US: Pabst Brewing veterans join Bard's Tale
Two beer veterans have joined a brewer which is targeting wheat- and barley-intolerant beer drinkers.
Kansas-based Bard's Tale Beer confirmed yesterday (24 January) that Brian Kovalchuk and Brian Bizer, who were CEO and CFO respectively at San Antonio-based Pabst Brewing from 2001 to 2005, have assumed the same positions at the brewer.
Bard's Tale makes its beer with sorghum, which is gluten-free unlike wheat, barley and oats.
Late last year, Anheuser-Busch unveiled its own wheat- and gluten-free beer in the form of Redbridge. The beer is available nationwide in stores which carry organic products, and restaurants.
"We liked the idea, liked the concept," Kovalchuk told Associated Press Newswires. "I think there's a gluten-free market of viable size, which is validated by Anheuser-Busch coming out with their gluten-free product."
Anheuser-Busch has lined up a super-premium natural spring water for distribution in the US....
Budejovicky Budvar has seen beer exports to the US leap in the first half of this year....
US brewing giant Anheuser-Busch is embroiled in a clash with the Wisconsin-based craft brewer Capital Brewery Company over the latter's attempts to trademark the phrase "America's No. 1 Rated Brewery"...
Budejovicky Budvar has sold 11% more beer in H1 than last year, according to reports....
Crown Beers India, the joint venture between Anheuser-Busch and Crown International, has launched a new locally-produced Budweiser in India....
US investment bank Goldman Sachs has warned that top brewers in the US will be facing tough conditions for the foreseeable future....
The alcohol industry has come under fire from a pressure group for its alleged failure to invest enough in responsible drinking advertising in the US....
Anheuser-Busch is being countersued in the US by one of its distributors in Florida....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018