US: Pabst Brewing veterans join Bard's Tale
Two beer veterans have joined a brewer which is targeting wheat- and barley-intolerant beer drinkers.
Kansas-based Bard's Tale Beer confirmed yesterday (24 January) that Brian Kovalchuk and Brian Bizer, who were CEO and CFO respectively at San Antonio-based Pabst Brewing from 2001 to 2005, have assumed the same positions at the brewer.
Bard's Tale makes its beer with sorghum, which is gluten-free unlike wheat, barley and oats.
Late last year, Anheuser-Busch unveiled its own wheat- and gluten-free beer in the form of Redbridge. The beer is available nationwide in stores which carry organic products, and restaurants.
"We liked the idea, liked the concept," Kovalchuk told Associated Press Newswires. "I think there's a gluten-free market of viable size, which is validated by Anheuser-Busch coming out with their gluten-free product."
Anheuser-Busch has lined up a super-premium natural spring water for distribution in the US....
Budejovicky Budvar has seen beer exports to the US leap in the first half of this year....
US brewing giant Anheuser-Busch is embroiled in a clash with the Wisconsin-based craft brewer Capital Brewery Company over the latter's attempts to trademark the phrase "America's No. 1 Rated Brewery"...
Budejovicky Budvar has sold 11% more beer in H1 than last year, according to reports....
Crown Beers India, the joint venture between Anheuser-Busch and Crown International, has launched a new locally-produced Budweiser in India....
US investment bank Goldman Sachs has warned that top brewers in the US will be facing tough conditions for the foreseeable future....
The alcohol industry has come under fire from a pressure group for its alleged failure to invest enough in responsible drinking advertising in the US....
Anheuser-Busch is being countersued in the US by one of its distributors in Florida....
- Can Bacardi take its rum back to the party?
- What Trans-Pacific Partnership means for drinks
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- ABInBev on the verge of SABMiller buy? - Comment
- Japan and the global soft drinks race
- Anheuser-Busch InBev wins SABMiller's hand
- A-B InBev raises SABMiller offer to GBP70.5bn
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- Beam Suntory CMO to stand down
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report