AUSTRALIA: Oz winemakers angered by grape tax plans
Australian wineries and grape growers are angered by a plan from the Australian Taxation Office to impose the country's 10% goods and services tax on grapes. Bizarrely, it would raise no extra revenue for the government but cost the producers millions of dollars in compliance and result in cash-flow problems.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Will Diageo seize the day as "nadir" reached?
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Remy Cointreau names liqueurs & spirits CEO