AUSTRALIA: Oz winemakers angered by grape tax plans
Australian wineries and grape growers are angered by a plan from the Australian Taxation Office to impose the country's 10% goods and services tax on grapes. Bizarrely, it would raise no extra revenue for the government but cost the producers millions of dollars in compliance and result in cash-flow problems.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned