AUS: Oz Brewing seals Gage Roads production deal
Australian craft brewer Oz Brewing is to outsource part of its beer production to fellow niche brewer Gage Roads Brewing Co., the company said today (8 February).
The two companies have signed a two-year deal that will see Gage Roads handle Oz Brewing's overflow production.
Oz Brewing said the move would allow it to build its retail business at its flagship Mad Monk site in Fremantle, Western Australia.
"The production outsourcing decision is a logical step as it provides Oz Brewing with access to the economies of scale afforded by Gage Roads' large-scale brewing and packaging facility without any impact on branding initiatives," Oz Brewing MD Trevor Pugh said.
Oz Brewing listed on the Australian Stock Exchange in last December. It expects to open its Mad Monk Brew and Café complex in Fremantle later this year.
Gage Road, which also listed last year, has its beers distributed nationally by Hardy Wine Company, Australia's largest wine group.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report