FRANCE: Owens-Illinois to acquire Perrier bottler
US group Owens-Illinois has signed a “conditional agreement” with the Verrerie du Languedoc (VdL) to acquire its bottling plant in Southern France, which bottles Nestlé's Perrier and San Pellegrino water brands.
The plant, at Vergèze, employs 192 staff and has a production capacity of 600m bottles annually. VdL was acquired by French financial holdings group, La Financière de la Croix-Blanche, from Nestlé in 2006.
Owens-Illinois (O-I) said the agreement is dependent on VdL's implementation of a restructuring plan designed to reduce the plant’s operating costs to those of O-I’s plants in Europe. The acquisition is also subject to regulatory approval and consultations with VdL staff representatives.
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory