FRANCE: Owens-Illinois to acquire Perrier bottler
US group Owens-Illinois has signed a “conditional agreement” with the Verrerie du Languedoc (VdL) to acquire its bottling plant in Southern France, which bottles Nestlé's Perrier and San Pellegrino water brands.
The plant, at Vergèze, employs 192 staff and has a production capacity of 600m bottles annually. VdL was acquired by French financial holdings group, La Financière de la Croix-Blanche, from Nestlé in 2006.
Owens-Illinois (O-I) said the agreement is dependent on VdL's implementation of a restructuring plan designed to reduce the plant’s operating costs to those of O-I’s plants in Europe. The acquisition is also subject to regulatory approval and consultations with VdL staff representatives.
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- This week in wine & spirits on just-drinks
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Spirits volumes slide in Global Travel Retail
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages