AUSTRALIA: Oversupply must be addressed Oz wine conference warned
Wine oversupply in Australia and its New World competitor countries is no longer a possibility but a present reality, according to David Combe, director of the Evans & Tate winery and former senior executive in charge of exports at Southcorp. Exports alone could not absorb future production levels without risking huge damage to Australia's quality image and carefully nurtured price points, he told an industry conference in Barossa.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Will Diageo seize the day as "nadir" reached?
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Remy Cointreau names liqueurs & spirits CEO