AUSTRALIA: Oversupply must be addressed Oz wine conference warned
Wine oversupply in Australia and its New World competitor countries is no longer a possibility but a present reality, according to David Combe, director of the Evans & Tate winery and former senior executive in charge of exports at Southcorp. Exports alone could not absorb future production levels without risking huge damage to Australia's quality image and carefully nurtured price points, he told an industry conference in Barossa.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down
- Constellation recalls Corona over glass threat