SINGAPORE: Overseas Union Enterprise extends Fraser & Neave offer deadline
Fraser & Neave is the target for both TCC and OUE
The battle for Fraser & Neave (F&N) has taken another twist after Overseas Union Enterprise (OUE) extended the deadline for its SGD13.1bn (US$10.7bn) offer for the Singapore conglomerate.
In a filing today (3 January), property group OUE said that the closing date for its offer has been extended until 14 January. The previous deadline was today.
It comes after ThaiBev-controlled TCC Assets yesterday extended its offer deadline for F&N for a fourth time to 10 January. OUE's bid tops TCC's, which is SGD9bn (US$7.36bn).
If the OUE bid is successful, Japan's Kirin Holdings has agreed to acquire F&N's food & beverage business for SGD2.7bn.
Last month, F&N's board branded OUE's offer as "not compelling, but fair".
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer