SINGAPORE: Overseas Union Enterprise extends Fraser & Neave offer deadline
Fraser & Neave is the target for both TCC and OUE
The battle for Fraser & Neave (F&N) has taken another twist after Overseas Union Enterprise (OUE) extended the deadline for its SGD13.1bn (US$10.7bn) offer for the Singapore conglomerate.
In a filing today (3 January), property group OUE said that the closing date for its offer has been extended until 14 January. The previous deadline was today.
It comes after ThaiBev-controlled TCC Assets yesterday extended its offer deadline for F&N for a fourth time to 10 January. OUE's bid tops TCC's, which is SGD9bn (US$7.36bn).
If the OUE bid is successful, Japan's Kirin Holdings has agreed to acquire F&N's food & beverage business for SGD2.7bn.
Last month, F&N's board branded OUE's offer as "not compelling, but fair".
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research