SINGAPORE: Overseas Union Enterprise extends Fraser & Neave offer deadline
Fraser & Neave is the target for both TCC and OUE
The battle for Fraser & Neave (F&N) has taken another twist after Overseas Union Enterprise (OUE) extended the deadline for its SGD13.1bn (US$10.7bn) offer for the Singapore conglomerate.
In a filing today (3 January), property group OUE said that the closing date for its offer has been extended until 14 January. The previous deadline was today.
It comes after ThaiBev-controlled TCC Assets yesterday extended its offer deadline for F&N for a fourth time to 10 January. OUE's bid tops TCC's, which is SGD9bn (US$7.36bn).
If the OUE bid is successful, Japan's Kirin Holdings has agreed to acquire F&N's food & beverage business for SGD2.7bn.
Last month, F&N's board branded OUE's offer as "not compelling, but fair".
Datamonitor's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organ...
Alcoholic Drinks in Australia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016)....
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Whisk(e)y leads vodka in US, but for how long?
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Wine in the UK: Tell Us Something We Don't Know
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- William Grant opens Tullamore D.E.W. distillery
- Rabobank warns of "mountainous task" for Scotch
- Bacardi lifts curtain on Bombay Sapphire distiller