USA: Over 77,000 gallons of beer spills into creek
Over 77,000 gallons of beer was accidentally spilled into a creek at the weekend, killing thousands of fish.A spokeswoman at Coors Brewing Company, based in the US, said an employee triggered the wrong switch and the beer, which was in fermenting tanks, got washed through a wastewater treatment plant and then into Clear Creek.Health officials have warned residents to avoid the creek south of the brewery, because of a small bacterial risk that could cause illness, if the water was consumed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014