USA: Over 77,000 gallons of beer spills into creek
Over 77,000 gallons of beer was accidentally spilled into a creek at the weekend, killing thousands of fish.A spokeswoman at Coors Brewing Company, based in the US, said an employee triggered the wrong switch and the beer, which was in fermenting tanks, got washed through a wastewater treatment plant and then into Clear Creek.Health officials have warned residents to avoid the creek south of the brewery, because of a small bacterial risk that could cause illness, if the water was consumed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- William Grant opens Tullamore D.E.W. distillery
- Rabobank warns of "mountainous task" for Scotch