USA: Over 77,000 gallons of beer spills into creek
Over 77,000 gallons of beer was accidentally spilled into a creek at the weekend, killing thousands of fish.A spokeswoman at Coors Brewing Company, based in the US, said an employee triggered the wrong switch and the beer, which was in fermenting tanks, got washed through a wastewater treatment plant and then into Clear Creek.Health officials have warned residents to avoid the creek south of the brewery, because of a small bacterial risk that could cause illness, if the water was consumed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller