UK: Ovaltine reinvents itself with energy tag
As well as the TV campaign with 4 witty 10-second advertisements showcasing the Ovaltine 'zest for life' there is to be a massive sampling campaign, targeting UK slimmers and office workers.
Over 2,000 Slimming World clubs are to receive 250,000 samples of Ovaltine Light, together with money-off-next-purchase coupons. Four hundred and sixty office complexes in the UK have also been targeted to receive samples of Original and Ovaltine Light as well as money off next purchase coupons and a chance to win £500.
"The drinks 'hi-malt' content provides both long and short chain carbohydrates giving an instant boost whilst keeping office workers and everybody, going longer," said Novartis Consumer Health, makers of Ovaltine.
The company added: "Malt provides several forms of energy from a pick me up to a sustained release of energy to keep you going."
Ovaltine Power (the recommended retail price for a 280g jar is £1.19) has added vitamins and minerals and is targeted towards the needs of growing children.
Available in all major UK supermarkets and independents Ovaltine Light (200g jar) has a recommended retail price of £1.39 and a 200g jar of Ovaltine Original is £1.19.
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research