UK: Ovaltine reinvents itself with energy tag
As well as the TV campaign with 4 witty 10-second advertisements showcasing the Ovaltine 'zest for life' there is to be a massive sampling campaign, targeting UK slimmers and office workers.
Over 2,000 Slimming World clubs are to receive 250,000 samples of Ovaltine Light, together with money-off-next-purchase coupons. Four hundred and sixty office complexes in the UK have also been targeted to receive samples of Original and Ovaltine Light as well as money off next purchase coupons and a chance to win £500.
"The drinks 'hi-malt' content provides both long and short chain carbohydrates giving an instant boost whilst keeping office workers and everybody, going longer," said Novartis Consumer Health, makers of Ovaltine.
The company added: "Malt provides several forms of energy from a pick me up to a sustained release of energy to keep you going."
Ovaltine Power (the recommended retail price for a 280g jar is £1.19) has added vitamins and minerals and is targeted towards the needs of growing children.
Available in all major UK supermarkets and independents Ovaltine Light (200g jar) has a recommended retail price of £1.39 and a 200g jar of Ovaltine Original is £1.19.
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- What's on the M&A cards for San Miguel Brewery?
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team