UK: Ovaltine reinvents itself with energy tag
As well as the TV campaign with 4 witty 10-second advertisements showcasing the Ovaltine 'zest for life' there is to be a massive sampling campaign, targeting UK slimmers and office workers.
Over 2,000 Slimming World clubs are to receive 250,000 samples of Ovaltine Light, together with money-off-next-purchase coupons. Four hundred and sixty office complexes in the UK have also been targeted to receive samples of Original and Ovaltine Light as well as money off next purchase coupons and a chance to win £500.
"The drinks 'hi-malt' content provides both long and short chain carbohydrates giving an instant boost whilst keeping office workers and everybody, going longer," said Novartis Consumer Health, makers of Ovaltine.
The company added: "Malt provides several forms of energy from a pick me up to a sustained release of energy to keep you going."
Ovaltine Power (the recommended retail price for a 280g jar is £1.19) has added vitamins and minerals and is targeted towards the needs of growing children.
Available in all major UK supermarkets and independents Ovaltine Light (200g jar) has a recommended retail price of £1.39 and a 200g jar of Ovaltine Original is £1.19.
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report