CANADA: Outlook bright for Canada's soft drink industry
Canada has seen its soft drinks industry grow over 175% in the last 25 years and today total annual sales exceed 3.5 billion litres, which is equivalent to more than six canned soft drinks a week per capita, according to a recent report.Changes to consumption patterns, as Canadians spend more time on other activities, have been attributed to the changes. The Canadian Soft Drinks Association (CSDA) believes these have led to an increase in prepared and packaged meals and drinks. Industry leaders are predicting a healthy growth of 3.5% for this year.As the scarred Canadian economy came out of a major recession in the early 1990's, so did the soft drinks industry. The recession may have left its mark but according to the CSDA figures, volumes of soft drinks sold in Canada have still grown over 37% since 1989 and the growth rate has generally outpaced the rate of population growth.The beverage business is a $7 billion industry in Canada and with continuing signs of a stable and growing Canadian economy, the outlook for the Canadian soft drinks industry for the millennium looks bright.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018