CANADA: Outlook bright for Canada's soft drink industry
Canada has seen its soft drinks industry grow over 175% in the last 25 years and today total annual sales exceed 3.5 billion litres, which is equivalent to more than six canned soft drinks a week per capita, according to a recent report.Changes to consumption patterns, as Canadians spend more time on other activities, have been attributed to the changes. The Canadian Soft Drinks Association (CSDA) believes these have led to an increase in prepared and packaged meals and drinks. Industry leaders are predicting a healthy growth of 3.5% for this year.As the scarred Canadian economy came out of a major recession in the early 1990's, so did the soft drinks industry. The recession may have left its mark but according to the CSDA figures, volumes of soft drinks sold in Canada have still grown over 37% since 1989 and the growth rate has generally outpaced the rate of population growth.The beverage business is a $7 billion industry in Canada and with continuing signs of a stable and growing Canadian economy, the outlook for the Canadian soft drinks industry for the millennium looks bright.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends