Product Launch - UK: Outhwaite's Ambriel Classic Cuvee
Click through to view Outhwaite's Ambriel Classic Cuvee
Outhwaite's Ambriel Classic Cuvee
Category - Wine, sparkling, English, 12% abv
Available - From this month
Location - UK, in selected off-trade outlets in south-east England, St Pancras International
Price - SRP of GBP27.50 per 75cl bottle
Distribution - Direct
The Outhwaite family has launched the first sparkling wine from its estate in the UK. Ambriel is sourced from vineyards that are planted to Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier in West Sussex.
After three consecutive harvests, the Outhwaites have teamed with winemaker Kobus Louw to produce Ambriel, which will be targeted primarily at independent wine retailers.
Thursday 6th June 2013 saw the launch of Ambriel, an English sparkling wine, as it rockets to become one of the finest sparkling wines in the world.
Husband and wife team, Charles and Wendy Outhwaite planted 9.5 hectares of vines on South-facing green sand slopes overlooking West Sussex’s spectacular South Downs in April 2008. The vineyard is planted with traditional champagne varieties of Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier, many of them high quality Burgundian clones.
The vineyard, which has now produced three consecutive vintages, is managed to the highest standard in sympathy with both nature and the demands of the weather. Spraying is kept to a minimum and much of the work (pruning, green harvesting, de-leafing and harvesting) is done by hand. Each clone of each variety of vine is harvested at its particular optimal moment in the relentless pursuit of quality.
With the help of winemaker Kobus Louw, the Outhwaites strive to produce wines which encapsulate the particular characteristics of the Sussex soil and climate. Once blended and bottled the wines are stored on-site in temperature-controlled conditions and left undisturbed to evolve on their lees for a minimum of 24 months.
Wendy Outhwaite said; “We are proud to be producing a wine at a time when those in the know follow their palate, not their prejudices. Without sounding too John Bull-ish, our wines are unapologetically English - not sham-pagne - and they taste divine!”
Ambriel with a clean purple and silver livery - which is said to have been inspired by a nail polish colour - is targeted at independent wine retailers and is available from Clive Barlow MW at Press Wine Services in Canterbury, Butler’s Wine Cellar in Brighton and The Wine Pantry in Borough Market and St Pancras International, London priced at £27.50.
Original source: Company Release
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research