CZECH: Ostravar adds Italy to export list – report
Pivovar Ostravar has begun exporting to Italy, according to local reports.
The Czech brewery, which is part of Pivovary Staropramen, has made Italy its second export market within the EU, the Czech News Digest reported yesterday (21 August). Pivovar Ostravar began exporting to the UK in December 2004, and is sold in over 1,000 outlets in the country.
The brewery is based in Ostrava, northern Moravia, and produces around 500,000 hectolitres of beer a year.
Ostravar's owner, Staropramaen, is itself controlled by InBev and accounts for around 14% of the Czech beer market, the news service noted.
Anheuser-Busch and InBev are in preliminary merger talks, according to a Brazilian newspaper report. Valor Economico claimed today (15 February) that the two global brewers have begun talks about a po...
Efes Breweries International has posted a 31% leap in sales volumes for the year to 31 December....
Chinese beer maker Kingway Brewery said today (14 February) that its CNY400m (US$51.5m) plant in the city of Foshan will be up and running early next year....
A minority investor in Argentinian brewer Quinsa has complained to the company over plans by controlling shareholder AmBev to buy back the company's remaining shares....
The European Commission has today (8 February) welcomed a European court's decision to throw out an appeal from Group Danone against fines imposed over the company's alleged role in a Belgian beer car...
AmBev has approved plans to launch a one-year share buyback programme....
Two brewers have had their coverage raised by Dutch brokers Gilissen....
Coca-Cola HBC is "exploring" the idea of producing the traditional Russian bread drink kvas....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends