CZECH: Ostravar adds Italy to export list – report
Pivovar Ostravar has begun exporting to Italy, according to local reports.
The Czech brewery, which is part of Pivovary Staropramen, has made Italy its second export market within the EU, the Czech News Digest reported yesterday (21 August). Pivovar Ostravar began exporting to the UK in December 2004, and is sold in over 1,000 outlets in the country.
The brewery is based in Ostrava, northern Moravia, and produces around 500,000 hectolitres of beer a year.
Ostravar's owner, Staropramaen, is itself controlled by InBev and accounts for around 14% of the Czech beer market, the news service noted.
Anheuser-Busch and InBev are in preliminary merger talks, according to a Brazilian newspaper report. Valor Economico claimed today (15 February) that the two global brewers have begun talks about a po...
Efes Breweries International has posted a 31% leap in sales volumes for the year to 31 December....
Chinese beer maker Kingway Brewery said today (14 February) that its CNY400m (US$51.5m) plant in the city of Foshan will be up and running early next year....
A minority investor in Argentinian brewer Quinsa has complained to the company over plans by controlling shareholder AmBev to buy back the company's remaining shares....
The European Commission has today (8 February) welcomed a European court's decision to throw out an appeal from Group Danone against fines imposed over the company's alleged role in a Belgian beer car...
AmBev has approved plans to launch a one-year share buyback programme....
Two brewers have had their coverage raised by Dutch brokers Gilissen....
Coca-Cola HBC is "exploring" the idea of producing the traditional Russian bread drink kvas....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- A step forward in alcohol research? ISFAR 191
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review