SPAIN: Osbourne net profits up 20%
Spanish drinks company Osborne recorded a consolidated net profit for 2001/2002 up 20% year-on-year to €23.2m (US$21.8m).
The company has grown by 81% over the last four fiscal years, the company said.
Gross turnover was €369m for the year, up 3%. of which over half was generated through sales of brandy and anisette. Osborne has a 35% of the Spanish brandy and anisette market.
The Andalusian company invested €47m in marketing and advertising during the period, up 10% year-on-year, the company said. Meanwhile €31m was spent in new production projects, up 65% year-on-year.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research