AUS: Orlando considers vineyard sale - report
Pernod Ricard subsidiary Orlando Wines is reportedly in preliminary discussions to sell one of its two Langhorne Creek vineyards in South Australia.
Orlando general manager of viticulture and winemaking, Brett McKinnon, told The Advertiser today (21 April) that selling up was not the only option for the vineyard.
He added: "If a sale does go ahead, Orlando has a commitment to look after its staff. We would retain as many as possible in our other vineyard and secure employment for as many as possible with the new owner if we do sell."
The vineyard contributes to three Orlando wines including Pernod's flagship Jacob's Creek range.
Pernod representatives were unavailable for comment when contacted by just-drinks.
Pernod Ricard's £7.4 billion takeover of Allied Domecq is the biggest drinks deal since the Seagram sell-off, in which it also played a part, and means the acquisitive French conglomerate will double ...
Pernod Ricard has insisted its four remaining production sites in North America are safe after announcing it plans to close a US distillery. Pernod's US arm will close its site at Lawrenceburg, Indian...
Pernod Ricard will close one of its distilleries in the US after a review of its operations in North America found it had "significant excess capacity" on the continent following the takeover of Allie...
The share ratings of Diageo, Heineken and Pernod Ricard were all upgraded today (20 April) by German broker Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein (DKW)....
One word surfaced several times this weekend in reports covering the Allied Domecq bid race - Diageo....
Pernod Ricard has deferred the release of its first quarter sales for 2005....
The likelihood of Pernod Ricard remaining the sole bidder for Allied Domecq has reduced over the last two days....
A host of drinks companies spent the weekend mulling over whether to launch counter-bids for Allied Domecq, according to press reports over the last few days....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages