AUS: Orlando considers vineyard sale - report
Pernod Ricard subsidiary Orlando Wines is reportedly in preliminary discussions to sell one of its two Langhorne Creek vineyards in South Australia.
Orlando general manager of viticulture and winemaking, Brett McKinnon, told The Advertiser today (21 April) that selling up was not the only option for the vineyard.
He added: "If a sale does go ahead, Orlando has a commitment to look after its staff. We would retain as many as possible in our other vineyard and secure employment for as many as possible with the new owner if we do sell."
The vineyard contributes to three Orlando wines including Pernod's flagship Jacob's Creek range.
Pernod representatives were unavailable for comment when contacted by just-drinks.
Pernod Ricard's £7.4 billion takeover of Allied Domecq is the biggest drinks deal since the Seagram sell-off, in which it also played a part, and means the acquisitive French conglomerate will double ...
Pernod Ricard has insisted its four remaining production sites in North America are safe after announcing it plans to close a US distillery. Pernod's US arm will close its site at Lawrenceburg, Indian...
Pernod Ricard will close one of its distilleries in the US after a review of its operations in North America found it had "significant excess capacity" on the continent following the takeover of Allie...
The share ratings of Diageo, Heineken and Pernod Ricard were all upgraded today (20 April) by German broker Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein (DKW)....
One word surfaced several times this weekend in reports covering the Allied Domecq bid race - Diageo....
Pernod Ricard has deferred the release of its first quarter sales for 2005....
The likelihood of Pernod Ricard remaining the sole bidder for Allied Domecq has reduced over the last two days....
A host of drinks companies spent the weekend mulling over whether to launch counter-bids for Allied Domecq, according to press reports over the last few days....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts