AUSTRALIA: Orlando and Laurent-Perrier sign deal
The Champagne house Laurent-Perrier and Australia's biggest wine and spirits company Orlando Wyndham have signed a distribution agreement that will see the Australian distribute the Champagne brand in the country.
The chairman and CEO of Orlando Wyndham, Laurent Lacassagne, said: "We are very pleased to add such a prestigious, global brand to our product portfolio. This is a significant development for our company. The addition of Laurent Perrier underlines our position as a premium quality wine and spirits company."
The CEO of Laurent Perrier, Yves Dumont, said: "More than 8.5m bottles of Laurent-Perrier were sold world-wide in 2002-2003, ranking the brand fourth by volume and third by value in the worldwide Champagne category."
Orlando Wyndham will begin distribution of Laurent Perrier Champagne from late September. It will offer four wines from the Laurent-Perrier portfolio, the flagship Brut LP, Brut Vintage 1996, Cuvee Rose Brut, the world's best selling Rose Champagne and Grande Siecle "La Cuvee".
An Australia-wide promotional campaign, which will extend well into 2005, will begin in September.
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets