JAPAN: Orion sees FY income rise, sales slip
Orion Beer has reported a slight rise in full-year net profit, despite a dip in sales.
The Japanese brewer said earlier this week that net profit for the year to 31 March was up by 4.3% on the year, at JPY1bn (US$8.6m). Sales revenue was almost flat, however, dropping by 1.1% year-on-year to JPY21.2bn. In volume terms, sales were up by 0.7% at 521,000 hectolitres.
Orion is an unlisted company, located in Okinawa in the south of Japan.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"