UK: Organised crime ready for stamp tax - report
The UK government's plans to introduce tax stamps to combat fraud in the UK spirits industry were dealt a blow over the weekend, with a report in the Scottish newspaper the Herald claiming that criminal gangs had the ability to copy the proposed stamps within three weeks of their launch.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Three Questions for the Drinks Industry
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail