FRANCE: Orangina Schweppes sees strong sales growth
Orangina Schweppes, the French soft drinks company, has seen its turnover increase 18% since the start of the year, according to local French reports.
Le Figaro, said the improved performance had come after the company improved the formula of the Oasis brand and axed a number of Orangina flavour extensions.
The French newspaper said that the Oasis brand had seen sales leap by 30% in volume.
The soft drink company has targeted growth of 10% for the full year. It also has plans to list on the Paris stock market within four years.
In November 2006, the company appointed a new marketing director, Hughes Pietrini, who joined the company from Pernod Ricard where he was global vice president for marketing, vodka with specific responsibility for the Stolichnaya brand.
French drinks group Pernod Ricard sold Orangina to Cadbury Schweppes in 2001. But the UK-based drinks and confectionery group sold it off as part of its European drinks division in 2005 to a consortium led by Blackstone Group International and Lion Capital LLP for EUR1.85bn (US$2.17bn).
There is always a bubble inflating somewhere. Right now that somewhere appears to be the soft drinks market. Intense interest among Japanese buyers has created an opportunity for US private-equity fir...
Rising raw material costs have been a feature of numerous companies' results over the past few months. As Jessica Harvey writes, some companies have been able to bolster themselves against this trend ...
Carlsberg has admitted that it is "considering" its position on the pending auction of Vin & Sprit....
Diageo has unveiled an extension of its Bushmills Irish whiskey stable, to coincide with the first global advertising campiagn for the brand....
The Swedish government has decided to sell Vin & Sprit by auction, with cash appearing to be the deciding factor....
Pernod Ricard has kept quiet over speculation that it plans to buy a Ukrainian vodka brand....
Pernod Ricard has unveiled three additions to its Pinot Grigio wine portfolio in the US....
The European Spirits Organisation - CEPS has elected a new president for the next two years....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018