Product Launch - BELGIUM/FRANCE: Orangina Schweppes’ Schweppes Zero
Click through to view Orangina Schweppes’ Schweppes Zero
Orangina Schweppes’ Schweppes Zero
Category - CSD, pineapple, strawberry, lemon, citrus fruit, Indian tonic
Available - From this month
Location - Belgium, France, in off-trade
Price - EUR1.95 (US$2.60) per 1.5-litre bottle. Also available in 33cl cans
Distribution - Orangina Schweppes
Orangina Schweppes is set to replace its Schweppes Light range in France and Belgium with Schweppes Zero. The move is a result of the company’s decision to withdraw aspartame from all of its drinks in favour of sucralose.
"From the point of view of taste, this represents real progress," said Orangina Schweppes CEO for France and Belgium, Hugues Pietrini. "With sucralose, there isn't the metallic after-taste."
Pietrini highlighted the commercial success of the calorie and aspartame-free Miss Orangina, launched a year ago.
The news is the latest blow for aspartame producers, after the European Food Safety Authority launched a public consultation on the safety of the sweetener last week.
Carbonates Market in West Europe to 2017: Market Guide
Canadean’s, "Carbonates Market in West Europe to 2017: Market Guide" provides in-depth detail on the trends and drivers of the Carbonates market in West Europe. The quantitative data in the report (hi...read more
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK