Product Launch - BELGIUM/FRANCE: Orangina Schweppes’ Schweppes Zero
Click through to view Orangina Schweppes’ Schweppes Zero
Orangina Schweppes’ Schweppes Zero
Category - CSD, pineapple, strawberry, lemon, citrus fruit, Indian tonic
Available - From this month
Location - Belgium, France, in off-trade
Price - EUR1.95 (US$2.60) per 1.5-litre bottle. Also available in 33cl cans
Distribution - Orangina Schweppes
Orangina Schweppes is set to replace its Schweppes Light range in France and Belgium with Schweppes Zero. The move is a result of the company’s decision to withdraw aspartame from all of its drinks in favour of sucralose.
"From the point of view of taste, this represents real progress," said Orangina Schweppes CEO for France and Belgium, Hugues Pietrini. "With sucralose, there isn't the metallic after-taste."
Pietrini highlighted the commercial success of the calorie and aspartame-free Miss Orangina, launched a year ago.
The news is the latest blow for aspartame producers, after the European Food Safety Authority launched a public consultation on the safety of the sweetener last week.
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014