SPAIN: Orangina Schweppes halts production at Valladolid
Orangina Schweppes will move production to Toledo, central Spain
Suntory-owned Orangina Schweppes has said that it will stop production at its Valladolid plant in Spain.
A spokesperson for the company told just-drinks today (27 April) that production will move to another facility in Toledo, northern Spain. No job cuts will be made, the firm said, but early retirements will be taken.
"The motivation behind this decision is the need to improve costs in the returnable bottle format, which the Valladolid plant produces," the spokesperson said. This format, the spokesperson added, "has suffered a significant drop in sales volumes, especially since the beginning of the crisis which has hit the catering channel more than anything else.
"Transferring manufacture will enable the company to leverage the economies of scale offered by Toledo to obtain more competitive costs," she said.
The functional beverages category represents a key part of the functional food industry and, as such, exemplifies two defining yet contrasting characteristics of this sector of the market: Its conside...
Danone is rumoured to be considering a sale of its bottled water business, but figures show that the unit continues to contribute a significant proportion of group sales....
Danone is in talks with Japan's Suntory Holdings over the potential sale of its bottled water business, according to a report....
Thai Public Beverage Co has confirmed that it is to extend its presence in soft drinks by acquiring Serm Suk for THB15.42bn (US$514m)....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts