FRANCE: Orangina Schweppes FY sales climb
Orangina Schweppes saw sales climb by 2% in 2010
Orangina Schweppes has recorded an increase in full-year sales.
The French soft drinks producer, owned by Suntory Holdings, saw group sales climb by 2% in 2010 to reach EUR1.07bn (US$1.46bn).
In 2011, the firm said it will focus on strengthening its brands through "aggressive investment in major-brand marketing".
"We have obtained approval to sell the Sunny Delight brand of chilled fruit beverages in Europe, and will focus on the Spanish market," Suntory said in a trading update.
"Moreover, we are creating synergy within the Suntory group through such moves as commencing sales of Frucor Group's V energy drink in Spain and moving forward with plans to introduce Orangina Schweppes' principal brand, Orangina, in Japan within this fiscal year."
Orangina Schweppes has targeted full-year sales of JPY142.9bn in 2011. If the company achieves this figure, the division will constitute around 45% of Suntory's overseas food and drink sales in 2011.
Suntory Holdings acquired Orangina Schweppes in December 2009 from private equity firms Blackstone Group and Lion Capital.
Suntory and UK distributor Cellar Trends have launched a fresh initiative to promote the Midori melon liqueur brand in the UK....
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Top Trends in Hot Drinks 2017