FRANCE: Orangina Schweppes FY sales climb
Orangina Schweppes saw sales climb by 2% in 2010
Orangina Schweppes has recorded an increase in full-year sales.
The French soft drinks producer, owned by Suntory Holdings, saw group sales climb by 2% in 2010 to reach EUR1.07bn (US$1.46bn).
In 2011, the firm said it will focus on strengthening its brands through "aggressive investment in major-brand marketing".
"We have obtained approval to sell the Sunny Delight brand of chilled fruit beverages in Europe, and will focus on the Spanish market," Suntory said in a trading update.
"Moreover, we are creating synergy within the Suntory group through such moves as commencing sales of Frucor Group's V energy drink in Spain and moving forward with plans to introduce Orangina Schweppes' principal brand, Orangina, in Japan within this fiscal year."
Orangina Schweppes has targeted full-year sales of JPY142.9bn in 2011. If the company achieves this figure, the division will constitute around 45% of Suntory's overseas food and drink sales in 2011.
Suntory Holdings acquired Orangina Schweppes in December 2009 from private equity firms Blackstone Group and Lion Capital.
Suntory and UK distributor Cellar Trends have launched a fresh initiative to promote the Midori melon liqueur brand in the UK....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research