FRANCE: Orangina Schweppes expansion drives FY sales
Orangina Schweppes saw net sales climb by 10.8% to EUR1.18bn
Orangina Schweppes has recorded an increase in full-year sales, boosted by its global expansion.
The France-based soft drinks producer saw net sales climb by 10.8% to EUR1.18bn (US$1.56bn) in the 12 months to the end of December. Orangina cited its "progressive geographic expansion" and the purchase of French bottler Europeenne d'Embouteillage in March last year for the increase.
The company said its sales climbed, despite "economic uncertainty and strong price increases in raw materials".
"In 2011 ... the Orangina Schweppes Group's strategy has proved very resilient, which has allowed it to achieve all financial goals by relying on a strong performance and sales mix," said Orangina Schweppes' president, Luis Bach. "In this regard, the company has achieved record sales volume in its six core brands, has continued its investment in strong and effective advertising, with promotional investment, in addition to its successful innovation in all product categories and geographic regions."
Bach added that the company will look to "strengthen and develop" its position in both new and existing markets this year, beginning with the launch of Orangina in Japan next month.
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Heineken to cut jobs in global shake-up
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly