FRANCE: Orangina Schweppes expansion drives FY sales
Orangina Schweppes saw net sales climb by 10.8% to EUR1.18bn
Orangina Schweppes has recorded an increase in full-year sales, boosted by its global expansion.
The France-based soft drinks producer saw net sales climb by 10.8% to EUR1.18bn (US$1.56bn) in the 12 months to the end of December. Orangina cited its "progressive geographic expansion" and the purchase of French bottler Europeenne d'Embouteillage in March last year for the increase.
The company said its sales climbed, despite "economic uncertainty and strong price increases in raw materials".
"In 2011 ... the Orangina Schweppes Group's strategy has proved very resilient, which has allowed it to achieve all financial goals by relying on a strong performance and sales mix," said Orangina Schweppes' president, Luis Bach. "In this regard, the company has achieved record sales volume in its six core brands, has continued its investment in strong and effective advertising, with promotional investment, in addition to its successful innovation in all product categories and geographic regions."
Bach added that the company will look to "strengthen and develop" its position in both new and existing markets this year, beginning with the launch of Orangina in Japan next month.
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- What's in store for Super Bowl 5 - Focus
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Moet Hennessy sees China rebound in strong FY
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research