USA: Opportunity Knocks During Halloween Season; Coca-Cola and Nabisco Respond With Retailer Treat
Retailers are in for a real treat during the Halloween season as Coca-Cola North America and Nabisco, Inc. join forces to implement a seasonal promotion designed to capture a portion of the $5 billion consumers will spend on the holiday. The program, which includes attention-grabbing lobby displays and optional couponing and sweepstakes opportunities, will feature Coca-Cola classic and Nabisco cookies and crackers."Halloween has become big business for supermarkets and mass merchandisers," said Tom Hernquist, senior vice president of marketing for Nabisco Biscuit Company. "The average consumer spends $98 on Halloween, with almost 20 percent devoted to attending parties or home entertaining."Research indicates Halloween is second only to Christmas in terms of retail spending and is the third largest party day of the year, rivaled only by New Year's Eve and the Super Bowl."The Halloween season is ripe for innovative marketing," said Jeff Dunn, senior vice president of marketing, Coca-Cola North America. "Carbonated soft drinks, along with cookies and crackers, are the two largest consumable dry grocery categories. When the market leaders in both of these sectors join forces to create a promotion, retailers will profit."In addition to the lobby displays, the promotion features include compelling joint purchase coupons, chainwide sweepstakes, store-by-store sweepstakes and dealer loaders. Coca-Cola classic, caffeine free Coca-Cola classic, Ritz, Air Crisps, Cheese Nips, Ritz Bits Sandwiches, Chips Ahoy!, Nutter Butter, Halloween Oreo and Easy Cheese will be among the products on display in easy-to-shop locations.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends