GLOBAL: Opportunities abroad prompt Wemyss Malts sales manager role split
Wemyss Malts has set its sights abroad as it expands its sales team
Wemyss Malts is expanding its sales team following the departure of its previous sales manager.
The privately-owned Scotch whisky producer said earlier today (5 February) that it has appointed Jacqueline Sutherland to head up efforts in North America, UK and Scandinavia. The appointment follows the departure of Jenny Karlsson, who left the company in December after only eight months.
Karlsson's role covered the world, excluding the US.
Sutherland has spent the last six years working for an unnamed independent bottler in Scotland. She will be responsible for Wemyss' Scotch portfolio and Darnley's View Gin.
When contacted by just-drinks, a spokesperson for Wemyss said that company founder & CEO William Wemyss has split the sales manager position. “Hopefully,” the spokesperson said, “news on the second recruit will follow in the spring.” The other position will cover Europe and Asia.
Sutherland started with the firm last week.
Wemyss announced last month that it plans to build a new distillery in Fife.
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer