GLOBAL: Opportunities abroad prompt Wemyss Malts sales manager role split
Wemyss Malts has set its sights abroad as it expands its sales team
Wemyss Malts is expanding its sales team following the departure of its previous sales manager.
The privately-owned Scotch whisky producer said earlier today (5 February) that it has appointed Jacqueline Sutherland to head up efforts in North America, UK and Scandinavia. The appointment follows the departure of Jenny Karlsson, who left the company in December after only eight months.
Karlsson's role covered the world, excluding the US.
Sutherland has spent the last six years working for an unnamed independent bottler in Scotland. She will be responsible for Wemyss' Scotch portfolio and Darnley's View Gin.
When contacted by just-drinks, a spokesperson for Wemyss said that company founder & CEO William Wemyss has split the sales manager position. “Hopefully,” the spokesperson said, “news on the second recruit will follow in the spring.” The other position will cover Europe and Asia.
Sutherland started with the firm last week.
Wemyss announced last month that it plans to build a new distillery in Fife.
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Heineken seeks "clarity" in Indonesia
- Is Coca-Cola Co “back on track” after brighter Q1?
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets