GLOBAL: Opportunities abroad prompt Wemyss Malts sales manager role split
Wemyss Malts has set its sights abroad as it expands its sales team
Wemyss Malts is expanding its sales team following the departure of its previous sales manager.
The privately-owned Scotch whisky producer said earlier today (5 February) that it has appointed Jacqueline Sutherland to head up efforts in North America, UK and Scandinavia. The appointment follows the departure of Jenny Karlsson, who left the company in December after only eight months.
Karlsson's role covered the world, excluding the US.
Sutherland has spent the last six years working for an unnamed independent bottler in Scotland. She will be responsible for Wemyss' Scotch portfolio and Darnley's View Gin.
When contacted by just-drinks, a spokesperson for Wemyss said that company founder & CEO William Wemyss has split the sales manager position. “Hopefully,” the spokesperson said, “news on the second recruit will follow in the spring.” The other position will cover Europe and Asia.
Sutherland started with the firm last week.
Wemyss announced last month that it plans to build a new distillery in Fife.
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report