GLOBAL: Opportunities abroad prompt Wemyss Malts sales manager role split
Wemyss Malts has set its sights abroad as it expands its sales team
Wemyss Malts is expanding its sales team following the departure of its previous sales manager.
The privately-owned Scotch whisky producer said earlier today (5 February) that it has appointed Jacqueline Sutherland to head up efforts in North America, UK and Scandinavia. The appointment follows the departure of Jenny Karlsson, who left the company in December after only eight months.
Karlsson's role covered the world, excluding the US.
Sutherland has spent the last six years working for an unnamed independent bottler in Scotland. She will be responsible for Wemyss' Scotch portfolio and Darnley's View Gin.
When contacted by just-drinks, a spokesperson for Wemyss said that company founder & CEO William Wemyss has split the sales manager position. “Hopefully,” the spokesperson said, “news on the second recruit will follow in the spring.” The other position will cover Europe and Asia.
Sutherland started with the firm last week.
Wemyss announced last month that it plans to build a new distillery in Fife.
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends