USA: Online Wine Industry Marketplace Uses Latest Technology in Raising More Than $13,000 to Battle Vineyard Pest
The bidding was electric at the first charity grape auction to take place on the Internet. WineryExchange.com, the leading online marketplace for the wine industry, inaugurated its Internet grape sales with a special charity event that took place in cyberspace on August 28-30. More than $13,000 was raised on the Web to support industry efforts to control a pest that threatens California vineyards.The winning bidder, a Tampa, Florida wine distributor and his winery partner, took home three tons of prized Pinot Noir grapes from Santa Barbara's renowned Bien Nacido Vineyards. At a stunning $4500 per ton, the Bacchus Wine Corporation was both generous and determined to outbid its online rivals at the WineryExchange-sponsored charity auction.A distributor with a plan, Bacchus Wine Corporation had already arranged for the Whitcraft Winery to produce and bottle its wine. Bacchus is patiently looking forward to releasing a premium Pinot Noir to its customers in two years time. Bacchus owner John O'Connor had high praise for the WineryExchange wine grape trading center: "Through WineryExchange.com and its technology, companies like ours can operate a continent away from the California wine industry and still participate in time-sensitive business transactions."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends