USA: Online Wine Industry Marketplace Uses Latest Technology in Raising More Than $13,000 to Battle Vineyard Pest
The bidding was electric at the first charity grape auction to take place on the Internet. WineryExchange.com, the leading online marketplace for the wine industry, inaugurated its Internet grape sales with a special charity event that took place in cyberspace on August 28-30. More than $13,000 was raised on the Web to support industry efforts to control a pest that threatens California vineyards.The winning bidder, a Tampa, Florida wine distributor and his winery partner, took home three tons of prized Pinot Noir grapes from Santa Barbara's renowned Bien Nacido Vineyards. At a stunning $4500 per ton, the Bacchus Wine Corporation was both generous and determined to outbid its online rivals at the WineryExchange-sponsored charity auction.A distributor with a plan, Bacchus Wine Corporation had already arranged for the Whitcraft Winery to produce and bottle its wine. Bacchus is patiently looking forward to releasing a premium Pinot Noir to its customers in two years time. Bacchus owner John O'Connor had high praise for the WineryExchange wine grape trading center: "Through WineryExchange.com and its technology, companies like ours can operate a continent away from the California wine industry and still participate in time-sensitive business transactions."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Whisk(e)y leads vodka in US, but for how long?
- Wine in the UK: Tell Us Something We Don't Know
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- William Grant opens Tullamore D.E.W. distillery
- Rabobank warns of "mountainous task" for Scotch
- A-B InBev shakes up Euro units, UK head steps down