On this day in drinks history - featuring Anheuser-Busch InBev, Red Bull, Whyte & Mackay
Here's what was making the drinks news on this day in years gone by
Here's a look at what was happening on this day in...
A legal ruling in Switzerland against Absinthe producers in the country has been welcomed by the owner of the French La Fée Absinthe brand.
It was the turn this week of a small brewery in England to wander blinking on to the front pages, in a classic David-and-Goliath story that also fanned the Twitter flames. Though, as it turned out, not all was as it first seemed.
How do you define a truly international brand? And does it matter. Can it be decided purely on volumes? Patience Gould digs out her atlas as she ponders the issue.
A study published last week shows that self-regulation in the US has brought about significant change regarding which food and drinks products are advertised directly to children, with soft drinks companies leading the way. But it also suggests there has been a far less marked change in the overall level of exposure children have to food and drink products high in sugar, fat or sodium. Ben Cooper reports.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has shrugged off concerns that a spike in wheat prices will affect the brewer's performance.
Yesterday's announcement that Southern Wine & Spirits of America is to merge with Glazer's Distributors in the US signifies the spread of consolidation throughout the drinks industry. In this month's 'just the answer', Olly Wehring talks to Southern's president & COO - and soon to be CEO of the new venture - Wayne Chaplin.
It is the results season, so attention is focused on the major public drinks corporations as they give their shareholders the good or bad news. But Patience Gould believes that in an industry where taking a long-term view is vital, private companies have an important advantage over their publicly-owned counterparts.
Coca-Cola Co. has appointed a new head for its India division.
For further details on how to subscribe to just-drinks, click here.
Anheuser-Busch InBev NV has an extensive strategic policy having just bought the American company SABMiller in 2015....
Anheuser-Busch InBev’s top domestic priorities in 2016 are to expand its premium beer offerings whilst elevating consumer sentiment towards core brands....
The acquisition of South African Breweries' owner SABMiller is expected to be finalised by the end of 2016. However, antitrust clearance is still pending in South Africa....
Through its new partnership with The Coca-Cola Co, the combined expertise and financing capacity is expected to contribute to Aujan Industries Co Ltd continually introducing new flavours to meet the d...
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report