USA: On-line Sprite for teen shoppers
This ambitious internet project to be launched on October 15 will team up with RocketCash Corp., a portal which allows consumers to purchase online without the need for a credit card, and Sprite.com will offer rewards for 14 months under one billion Sprite bottle caps, redeemable for cash to shop on the internet.
"What we want to do is build loyalty among teens, so we're launching this programme on the internet to increase the frequency of consumption among our core target consumers," said Dick Patton, associate brand manager for Sprite at Coca-Cola, Atlanta.
"The Sprite site will have an urban feel consistent with prior marketing communications," he added.
Caps on 20-ounce, one litre and 500ml bottles of Sprite will be marked with special codes and consumers will log on to www.sprite.com enter the alphanumeric codes found under the bottle cap and find out its worth, and this can vary from 20 cents to $1.
One in 12 caps can be exchanged instantly at the store for a free Sprite and Sprite.com will also include music and graphics.
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK