AUSTRALIA: Olympic fans uncork the beer
Champagne corks will be popping across Australia this year in celebration of the Olympics but it could be beer rather than bubbly in the bottles.True to typical Ozzy tastes, Lion Nathan is launching a new special vintage beer that will be sold in 750ml champagne bottles.The Hahn Special Vintage 2000 is a follow up to last year's Millennium Ale and is aimed at enthusiasts who would rather celebrate with hops than grapes.The beer will be bottle fermented and corked. But only 13,000 cases will be brewed so Australia's dedicated beer drinkers will have to stock up fast before the September starting gun for the biggest show on Earth."We've spent months in the brewery carefully crafting our next brew, using specialty malts and two individual yeasts to develop a beer of character and complexity," said Lion Nathan chief brewer Bill Taylor."We're expecting that real beer connoisseurs - and probably wine connoisseurs as well, will buy some bottles to enjoy now and then."The beer is described as having a complex toffee and spicy fruit flavour and will be 8% alcohol.David Robertson
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World