FINLAND: Olvi turns in loss for Q1
The loss was made despite a rise in net sales of 2.0% to €21.74m compared with €21.32m in the first quarter last year. Sales are expected to increase again in the second quarter, as Easter fell in April this year.
In a statement Olvi said that owing to the seasonal character of the beverage industry, the majority of its result is made during the summer season.
Earnings development depends to a large extent on the volume and price developments in the overall market. The Group's investments to increase capacity and efficiency will be completed as planned before the summer season, the company said.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research