INDIA: Old world ready to meet new Orient
According to the Indian newspaper Business Standard, the big names in French wine, which dominates more than 50% of the world wine market, will showcase their premium brands in the Mumbai wine expo in May.
The roadshow will hit Mumbai in September, the French Ambassador to India, Bernard De Montferrand was quoted as saying. French majors see India as one of the big emerging markets. "The fair will be funded by French wine companies and it will introduce their products to local consumers," Montferrand said.
He said knowledge of the French language would not be an impediment for Indian professionals working in France. "A crash course of French for three weeks will suffice the purpose," he said.
France's exports to India stood at $737.94m in 1999-2000 and India's to France was $920.69m during the same period.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Anheuser-Busch to cut 60 bottling jobs
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review