Product Launch - UK: Old Hobart Distillery's Overeem Tasmanian whisky range
Click through to view Old Hobart Distillery's Overeem Tasmanian whisky range
Old Hobart Distillery's Overeem Tasmanian whisky
Category - Spirits, whisky, Tasmania, single malt
Available - Since earlier this month
Location - UK, off-trade from whisk(e)y specialists including The Whisky Exchange
Price - See below
Distribution - Oak Cask Distribution
Old Hobart Distillery has launched its Overeem single malt Tasmanian whisky in the UK.
The range comprises:
- Port matured expression at 43% abv, SRP of GBP139.99 (US$226) per 70cl bottle
- Port matured expression at 60% abv - cask strength – SRP of GBP189.99 per 70cl bottle
- Sherry matured expression at 43% abv, SRP of GBP139.99 per 70cl bottle
- Sherry matured expression at 60% abv - cask strength - SRP of GBP189.99 per 70cl bottle
Old Hobart launched the Overeem portfolio in Australia in 2011.
The distillery was founded by Casey Overeem.
An award-winning whisky from Down Under is now available, for the first time ever, to buy in the UK.
Overeem Single Malt Whisky is made using the very finest ingredients Australia has to offer. The best barley and the cleanest water, in the hands of experts at a boutique family-run distillery in Tasmania, are used to produce a world-class and award-winning premium product.
The Old Hobart distillery favours quality over quantity and produces just 8,000 bottles each year, making them highly desirable and sought after by whisky lovers the world over.
In a very short space of time, its single malts have won industry acclaim from all over the world. It was just one of a few selected distillers to receive the Liquid Gold Award in the internationally-recognised Jim Murray Whisky Bible 2013.
The Overeem collection boasts four premium, single cask, single malt whiskies. This includes a port matured 43% abv, a cask strength port matured at 60% abv, a 43% sherry matured and a cask strength 60% sherry matured offering. All offer completely different senses on the eye, nose and palate and finish.
A 700ml bottle has a recommended retail price of between £139.99 and £189.99 including VAT.
The dram is being marketed in the UK by Oak Cask Distribution, headed by young entrepreneurs Toby Dudfield and Jonah Costello. The pair fell in love with the Overeem collection after tasting a sample and are now determined to share it with the rest of the country.
“I wanted something different to offer the market, something exclusive and a product that had the potential to change the views of whisky drinkers all over the globe,” Toby said.
“We have a fantastic product that we are doing our best to get into the hands of the consumer. Our goal is to have all whisky lovers share the fantastically unique Overeem experience.”
Jonah added: “When we discovered the Old Hobart Distillery, we realised the high-quality Overeem range was the perfect product to introduce to the ever-growing UK whisky market.”
NOTES FOR EDITORS
Founder Casey Overeem’s love for great tasting malt whisky began more than 30 years ago when he had his first experience of distilling at a relative’s house in Norway. Back then, he discovered many Scandinavians were producing excellent whiskies from micro-distilleries in their cellars.
Returning to Tasmania, he started experimenting and soon realised the Aussie state offered the perfect climate and ingredients for the production of single malt whisky. Over time, he developed the winning formula for what was to become the award-winning Overeem range of malt whiskies.
The Old Hobart gained its distiller’s licence in 2005.
Original source: Company Release
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo silent on United Spirits job losses
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Wild Geese gets Australian nod in Pernod legal row
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends