US: Old Bridge Cellars takes on VIA Wines distribution
Old Bridge Cellars is to distribute VIA Wines in the US, marking the company's entry into Chilean wines.
The agreement, which started yesterday (2 July) sees Old Bridge take on all US sales and marketing for VIA's Chilcas, Oveja Negra and Chilensis brands, Old Bridge said. “As we continue to expand our portfolio into established global wine regions, Chile is appealing when it comes to the quality-to-price ratio," Old Bridge Cellars president Rob Buono said.
VIA commercial director Santiago Cilley said: “We're excited to be working with Old Bridge Cellars to broaden our presence and continue our growth in the US.”
Old Bridge Cellars is based in Napa, California and distributes wines from estates including d'Arenberg, John Duval, Greywacke and Kilikanoon.
Last month, Chile's Lapostolle Wineries appointed the son of its founders to CEO.
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- William Grant and Drambuie: It Had to be You
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Scottish leader speaks out over Scotch whisky
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk