US: Ohio and New England vote in A-B beer campaign
Beer drinkers in New England and Ohio have voted to choose their favourite "hometown brews" in a campaign ran by Anheuser-Busch.
A-B started the "You Choose It, We'll Brew It" initiative in March in an attempt to tap into the growing demand for niche and craft beers through the US. Drinkers were given the chance to vote from a shortlist of three.
The Budweiser beer giant announced yesterday (4 May) that Ohio drinkers had chosen Burnin' Helles - a 6.3% Bock-style lager - as their favourite.
"One thing from living here is that we recognise Ohioans love beer so we set out to craft three incredibly tasting and diverse brews we thought local residents would respond to," said Agnes Sacaquini, a brewing area manager in Columbus, Ohio for A-B. "Burnin' Helles is a rich and malty Bock-style lager and we're really looking forward to tapping the first keg for the people of Ohio on 26 June."
Beer lovers in New England, including New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont, Connecticut, Rhode Island and Massachusetts, chose the hop-laden and citrusy ale Demon's Hop Yard IPA as their "hometown brew".
SABMiller's China venture has confirmed that it will invest US$35.3m to build a new brewery in the city of Harbin, a stronghold of Anheuser-Busch....
Miller Brewing and Heineken USA have dismissed Anheuser-Busch's efforts to lead an industry-wide campaign to promote beer as only serving the interests of the Budweiser brewer....
Anheuser-Busch has extended its partnership with FIFA to sponsor its World Cup tournament....
Miller Brewing has signalled its delight at arch-rival Anheuser-Busch's apparent confession that it has altered the recipes for Budweiser and Bud Light....
Anheuser-Busch CFO Randy Baker has said that the US brewing giant should see volumes continuing to rise after enjoying an increase in first-quarter sales....
Anheuser- Busch has hosted a "Green Week" of events and activities at many of its facilities across the US....
InBev has refused to comment on reports that it is considering a bid for a stake in Beijing Yanjing Brewery....
Heineken is planning to launch key regional Russian brand Stepan Razin nationwide, with a roll out slated for the end of the year....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- How Modern Marketing Compounds My Twitter Shame
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- China to axe duty on Australian wine
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research