UK: OFT sets deadline for Interbrew/Bass dispute
The UK's Office of Fair Trading has set a deadline of 20 June for further comments into the £2.3bn takeover by Interbrew of the UK brewer Bass, according to reports by the BBC today. The UK government ordered in January that the acquisition be reversed over fears it would cause an uncompetitive duopoly, which woul dbe damaging to the industry and harm consumer choice and pockets.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery