UK: OFT sets deadline for Interbrew/Bass dispute
The UK's Office of Fair Trading has set a deadline of 20 June for further comments into the £2.3bn takeover by Interbrew of the UK brewer Bass, according to reports by the BBC today. The UK government ordered in January that the acquisition be reversed over fears it would cause an uncompetitive duopoly, which woul dbe damaging to the industry and harm consumer choice and pockets.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Pernod Ricard's Allegro cost-saving programme
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- Pernod Ricard set for CMO switch
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Scotch whisky leaders sign pro-UK letter
- Wine Australia reports death of UK, Europe boss