UK: OFT examines AG Barr, Britvic merger
The companies confirmed their planned merger last week
The agency is inviting written evidence on any “competition or public interest issues” under the Enterprise Act 2002, it announced yesterday (19 November). The deadline for submissions is 30 November.
The merged company - Barr Britvic Soft Drinks - will have its legal headquarters at Barr's existing head office in Cumbernauld, Scotland, while the new group's operational HQ will be at Britvic's head offices in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire.
The deal remains subject to shareholder and regulatory approval.
To see just-drinks' full coverage of AG Barr and Britvic's proposed merger, click here.
Britvic requires a "significant cultural change", an analyst has warned while dismissing its chairman's claims performance has improved since it agreed to merge with AG Barr....
The drinks sector is particularly fertile ground for mergers and acquisition activity, with a number of big businesses accustomed to making acquisitions to spur growth, new players popping up all over...
Britvic's sidelined merger with AG Barr is likely to go ahead despite a new cost-savings plan from Britvic that suggests it could go it alone, an analyst has said....
AG Barr has avoided action from the UK's Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) after an Irn Bru ad attracted 176 complaints. ...
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends